Please note that we will only be able to accept candidates who have the appropriate rights and documentation for employment in the AU.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Financial Controller to join our dynamic finance team and take on a key leadership role in our Asia-Pacific operations. The Financial Controller will be pivotal in maintaining financial integrity, overseeing accounting standards, and ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. In addition, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a track record of managing small teams, and experience working with external auditors.
- Oversee the month-end close process, ensuring accurate and timely journal entries, including accruals and prepayments.
- Review and approve relevant journal postings and maintain proper documentation.
- Manage the preparation of year-end Financial Statements for consolidated group and standalone Australian and Asia-Pacific subsidiaries (if applicable).
- Coordinate the audit process with external auditors to ensure compliance and timely completion.
- Oversee month-end balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and resolve any discrepancies or issues promptly.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain accounting controls and policies to safeguard financial assets.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the finance department.
- Foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors, including auditors.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate manual finance processes to reduce the month-end close timetable while maintaining accuracy.
- Support the Finance Director and the broader finance team with ad hoc audits and projects related to the Axi Group’s accounting functions.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field; CPA or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Proven experience in financial control and accounting, with a minimum of 4 years in a similar FC role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards.
- Experience managing a small finance team and fostering a collaborative working environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with financial systems and software.
- Ability to work with external auditors and regulatory authorities.