The Technical Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for driving commercial growth of CGG’s leading Geoscience services in the Australian Mining E&P sector – including multiphysics and seismic imaging and software, satellite mapping/remote sensing and geology. Through coordination with the relevant CGG Geoscience teams, the BDM must be able to communicate CGG’s technical value proposition effectively to a wide range of technical experts. Having a strong Mining geoscience background will be critical for this position.
- Develop strong relationships with our clients, engaging in open & honest discussions to promote our ability to deliver best in class services, how we differentiate from our competitors, and ultimately securing highly profitable, repeat business with key client partners.
- Identify and establish relationships with potential clients in the geoscience industry, including mining & minerals companies, government agencies, and research institutions in Australia and the APAC region, through existing projects, direct award discussions, tender responses, conferences, or more general meetings/visits.
- Prepare and present sales proposals, coordinating input from CGG technical teams to develop custom solutions, input into sales/pricing strategy, cost calculation, with a focus on clearly communicating CGG’s technical capabilities and values to clients.
- Monitor market trends, adapt strategies accordingly, and identify opportunities for growth in the geoscience sector even during challenging times.
- Keep up to date with technology and build strong internal relationships, whilst monitoring market/client and competitive information and devising new strategies to improve the profitability of the company.
- Account management, contract negotiation and execution, post-sales follow up & engagement in projects to ensure effective upselling.
- CRM updates, and input into regional sales strategy and marketing plans
Specific Considerations for Australia:
- Knowledge of the Australian federal and state government’s Mining strategy and its implications for the geoscience industry: The Business Developer should be aware of the goals, targets, and initiatives related to the geoscience sector, including the development of a sustainable mining industry, energy transition, and related promotion of renewable energy. This knowledge will enable the candidate to align business development strategies with the country's long-term objectives.
- Familiarity with the process of obtaining necessary permits and licenses for geoscience operations in Australia: The Business Developer should have a thorough understanding of the processes and requirements for obtaining permits, licenses, and approvals for geoscience operations in the country, ensuring smooth business operations and compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Awareness of local labour laws and practices: The Business Developer should understand the implications of Australia practices on hiring decisions and be familiar with local labour laws, regulations, and employment practices within the geoscience sector.
At CGG, you’ll be surrounded by open and collaborative problem-solvers, eager to work together in meeting the challenges of a changing planet. Being one of us means that your individual contribution will make an impact in a diverse team committed to performance.
As an integral member of our imaging team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.