At Xe, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including our Currency Converter, Market Analysis, Currency Data API and quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses. We leverage technology to deliver these services through our website, mobile app and by phone. Last year, we helped over 300 million people access information about the currencies that matter to them and over 225,000 people used us to send money overseas.
We are proud to be part of Euronet Worldwide (Nasdaq: EEFT), a global leader in processing secure electronic financial transactions. Under their Money Transfer division, Xe and Ria Money Transfer have been brought together to help establish the third largest money transfer business in the world.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the Company’s financial and accounting policies, systems, processes and tax/regulatory requirements. The incumbent will also prepare management reporting and analysis including key metrics, reports and will contribute to business strategy and its implementation.
- AMBITION - We dream big, try things out and always ask “why not?” and “what if?” We’re ambitious in our thinking and our delivery
- RESPONSIBILITY - We get involved, bring our perspective and are always open to new ideas. We take personal responsibility
- COMMUNITY - We value a sense of belonging, trusting each other and encouraging authenticity. We contribute to our community
What you'll do:
Accounting | Financial Systems & Controls
- Implements and embeds strong accounting and financial systems and controls;
- Supports delivery of efficient accounting and financial systems and services to business;
- Implements and oversees accounting policies, processes, procedures to meet appropriate accounting standards;
- Oversight and management of cash-flow / cash management / travel expenditure and expenses;
- Ensures integrity of Company’s balance sheet;
- Liaising with international accountants to coordinate consolidated accounts;
- Conducts ongoing regular reviews of financial systems and controls and makes recommendations for improvement
- Collates, produces and communicates financial management reports and analysis;
- Implements and maintains effective reporting processes to support business needs;
- Analyses and reports on trends;
- Supports and contributes to business plan/strategy with relevant ad-hoc management reporting.
Budgeting and Financial Modelling
- Produces analysis to support P&L projections for directors/managers;
- Prepares all materials to support budgeting and financial modelling presentations where applicable
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with business teams and directors/managers;
- Manages a team in APAC region;
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with relevant legal/regulatory bodies;
- Manages requests for information from regulatory bodies and responds in a timely manner to ensure compliance with all local and local tax rules and legislations;
- Addresses complex financial problems and critical issues escalated from business teams.
Legal & Regulatory
- Produces and provides information for internal and external reporting/audit purposes;
- Participates where requested in regulatory discussions with regulators in APAC;
- Maintains up to date knowledge and expertise on the Company’s core business activities and assists CFO with financial / regulatory risk analysis;
- Maintains up to date knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting legislation;
- Monitors proposed changes to financial / accounting standards and legislation that may impact the business and presents changes required to systems, policies, processes and procedures to CFO;
- Completes relevant and mandatory internal/external training and continuing professional development to remain fully competent within own role.
Who you are:
- A university degree and/or recognised accounting qualification;
- Previous management accounting and reporting experience preferably from within a financial services or professional services sector employer;
- Expert MS Excel skills with strong numeracy, attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Competitive market-based salary
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- 20 days annual leave increasing with each year of service (capped at 25 days
- Paid day off for your Birthday
- Discounted Euronet Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Plumm Mental Health and Wellbeing